Wednesday, June 13, 2012

It's been CRAY-ZEE around here

Seriously though...insane!  I have been busy, but the kids have been especially nuts this week.  To the point that I want to send them somewhere for about 2 weeks just so I can have a little peace and quiet.  I should say that it's just the boys, Bailey is pretty quiet unless the boys are messing with her.

I have been staying up way too late at night reading and then having trouble sleeping once I do go to bed   I am so lucky to have kids that wake up at the crack of dawn and can't be quiet even though they are WAY too old to still be loud when they wake up....that way totally sarcastic and 100% true!

I have been working, sewing again.  It's nice to have a little extra money, but the stress that comes with offering a custom service is still there.  I don't care for that at all, that's why this will just be a summer gig.  I will take my last orders probably the 2nd week of July, so if you want anything make sure you get it ordered before then.  I start my new job on August 15th and I don't want to have any orders unshipped at that point. I am shooting for having everything shipped at least a week prior to my starting school again.

I have been working hard on my other blog, my book review blog {Dive} Under the Cover.  I have been working on getting it out there and getting more views and followers.  I am finding that numbers are pretty important to publishers when it comes to who they pick to receive ARC's of their books.  Right now I am just trying to build it up.  I am not really actively seeking out books.  I have had a couple that I really would like to review that I have taken a chance on, but haven't had to much luck.  I am okay with that really, since I am just starting out I don't expect to get any.  I am hoping that by building up my following and by posting regular, what I consider nice quality, reviews I will be someone that they will look at in the future.  That said, I have had a couple of authors actually contact me about reviewing their books and that's super awesome as far as I am concerned!  I am broadening my reading scope and reviewing some books that I may not have come across otherwise.

Speaking of books, I got this is the mail today...how awesome is this?!!

 This is my very first signed book and I was pretty excited when I saw that envelope in my mailbox today.

I am going to have to buy a new bookshelf for all the books I am going to be getting!

I am off to get the kids in their rooms so I can watch Pretty Little Liars from last night and then maybe catch some Mad Med before I head off to bed to read a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...